Friday, July 6, 2012

Left Hand Brewing: 400 Pound Monkey

Left Hand Brewing 400 Pound Monkey English IPA


So I have already posted a beer from Left Hand Brewing Company here (check it out for info about the brewery). So I'll just get to the beer.

This English-Style India Pale Ale has a 6.7% ABV. There is not much of a smell on this one, just some hops, maybe a little flowers and lemon, but overall not much.The taste was not all that bad. It was not as hop heavy as I expected an IPA to be, but I guess that is what makes up an English IPA. There was a nice taste of malts and some fruits and bread that worked well together. It was balanced and not too heavy of a drink. 


I would recommend this for someone who is not sure if they are an IPA fan or not as an introduction to the style without the super hoppy aspect to it. Definitely worth it, and I think I will be coming back to the Left Hand Brewing again as I have liked what they have to offer.

Happy Friday - Cheers

No comments:

Post a Comment