Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Sierra Nevada: Summerfest

Sierra Nevada: Summerfest



I've already done one review on a Sierra Nevada beer (link here) so I'll just get to my review.

This is a great summer time, hot weather beer. It is super light and crisp, goes down easy, and is very refreshing. The Pilsner style lager has a ABV of 5%. It pours a nice yellow straw color that just looks like summer sunshine. It smells to me like sweet grasses and flowers with maybe a lemony hint in there as well. Like I said before, it is light and crisp, and has a sweet malty bread taste with a grass and flower taste that matches the smell quite well. There is also a nice hoppy bitter taste that balances all of that sweetness.
(Beer Advocate Review)

This is a great brew for sitting outside on a summer day. Its nice and light and refreshing. I would strongly recommend this one.


No comments:

Post a Comment