Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Ruckus Brewing Co: Hoprimus Prime

Ruckus Brewing Co: Hoptimus Prime


So, there is not much about this company I can gather from a google search. They seem to be rather young. It looks like they are based out of PA or NYC (Bottle says one thing but the contact on their website says something else) So for today I'll just get right to the drink.

Walking down the isle at the store, looking at all of the different styles and names and brands and one catches my eye. Did I read that right? Yes, yes I did. "HOPTIMUS PRIME." I couldn't walk past this one with out buying it. I'm totally doing the whole judge a book by it's cover thing at that point, because that name is awesome and the art is totally cool (See below)



The bottle I had was a large 22oz, so I took this one nice and slow and enjoyed it. It is an 9%ABV so it is on the upper end and can hit you if you are not careful. So this beer poured a nice amber gold with a white head that was nice and dense, but disappeared as I started drinking it. The smell was hops and citrus with maybe some apple and nuts in there too. The tastes was, as you can guess, hops. But that wasn't all, which was nice. It had grapefruit, apple, and sweet tastes in the middle with some nice bitterness that was balanced in there too. It was kind of thick, almost syrupy, but not all that bad.

This is a good brew, but not my favorite. Nothing wrong with it, but the thicker mouth feel made it not as appealing as we have 100+ degree temps. I would come back to this if I'm looking for that hoppy taste in a good priced big bottle.

No comments:

Post a Comment