Saturday, June 23, 2012

Left Handed Brewing: Good JuJu

Left Hand Brewing: Good JuJu


Left Hand Brewing began in 1990 when the founder Dick Doore got a homebrewing kit from his brother, and then decided to open a brewery in 1994 in Colorado. They have grown and expanded since then and currently produce around 35,000 barrels a year. They have a long list of beers that are both year-round and seasonal, as well as only produced for 22oz bottles, collaborations, and discontinued beers (see the list here on wikipedia) They have won many awards around the world for different beers they produce, including a gold medal at the World Beer cup in 2008. 



The first bottle I have by them (I'll review another someday soon) is Good JuJu, a seasonal release Herb/Spice Ale with a 4.5%ABV.


This beer was a good, different taste for me. As soon as I smelled it I recognized ginger and maybe some other spices and hops. The taste was just like ginger ale. It had a light body that didn't have too many other tastes, which I do not think is a bad thing. It made for a good relaxing summer-time beer, not too much going on, good for relaxing. I really enjoyed it and will be looking for some more from Left Hand soon. 

No comments:

Post a Comment