Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Legend Brewing: Lager

Today we go local with

Legend Brewing Co.'s Lager



Legend is located in Richmond, Va, right on the south side of the James River. Their website says they are a "commercial microbrewery" that was established in January of 1994.They produce 7 year-round beers and 5 seasonal beers. They have won numerous awards for both their beers and their on site brewpub. 



What drew me to this beer originally was the local appeal, I mean how could I not taste something that comes from my hometown?


So the 4.8% ABV lager poured a yellow gold color with a decent head that disappeared before I could even snap a photo, although there were carbonation bubbles coming up the glass as I drank. The smell was mostly a grassy smell, but the taste was surprising. The lager had what I can only describe as a sour apple taste with some grain and fruit mixed in. The sour apple part was very unexpected but no unwelcome. I enjoyed the taste (and luckily I have 5 more in the fridge waiting for more "examination"). The lager was light in my mouth, the consistency of water, making this a easy to drink beer that I will enjoy while sitting on the porch doing nothing. I would recommend this to anyone because it is a good lager that tastes different from the "big-guy's" lagers that we are all so used to.

(Beer Advocate Reviews)

I'll pour me one more tomorrow and let you know how it is. Until then- Cheers.

No comments:

Post a Comment